Hot tubs can be summed up in one word: relaxation. The hot water, the jets and the calming atmosphere that usually surrounds these devices can be the perfect place for you to hang out and simply relax. Or, if you prefer the flipside, it can be the focal point of a winter party, keeping you warm and toasty while a storm blazes outside. When it comes to purchasing a hot tub online, there are a few things you should keep in mind, like what models to look at, what pricing is acceptable for what you’re getting, and what websites can be trusted to deliver on their promises from beginning to end. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you are about to purchase hot tub online.
- Websites. The first thing to realize when you are looking for a hot tub online is that the website where you buy it should be a reputable organization. There are a few ways to confirm the validity of the seller. First, look and see if they have a "contact us," page. Call the listed number and see if it exists. They should also be a certified business with a license from the state. Another thing to look for is how high or low they were on the search engines result list. Are they regularly hit by mainstream Internet surfers? Read the customer reviews and comments and do a little extra research before you shop.
- Be Prepared. So you want to purchase hot tub online style? Cost is obviously important, but we’ll get to that later. First you should have a general idea of what type of tub you want to buy. Look over your house and make sure that you will have a place to keep it. Generally speaking, most people keep their tubs out on the patio or inside a converted garage. Don’t have the space for it? Don’t buy it. Make sure you have the measurements of the space you’ve set aside for it already marked down. Keep them written down on a notepad by your computer as you shop.
- Cost. Remember that buying a tub on the Internet is a great shopping opportunity, but it’s also an easy way to get ripped off. How do you avoid this? Research more than just one site. Compare prices from major retailer to major retailer. See if the private company is better than the manufacturer’s prices. If so, why? You should always purchase insurance along with your tub, and this might make the "cheapest" tub out there the same price as the most expensive. Read the fine print. Ask questions. Know how much you’re willing to spend before you make a commitment on anything.
- What to Expect. The only downside about making an Internet purchase on something so large is that you can’t look at the tub in person. Therefore, you should be willing to read the dimensions and the customer reviews at the bottom of each products page to see if it is really what it says it is. You should make sure that the dimension of the space where the tub is going to go fits the dimensions of the tub. One inch in difference might keep it from sliding into the perfect place in your patio!
- Making the Purchase. So you’ve found the perfect tub. It’s the right size, has all the right features and it’s just within your budget. Making the purchase online is easy. All you have to do is add the item to your virtual shopping cart and pay for it through a virtual checkout system. Make absolutely sure that you are purchasing a warranty and insurance on the product, just in case it doesn’t function properly. This is an essential factor of the purchase. Don’t forget it! Also, make sure that the shipping address is correct.
- Hidden Fees. Shipping might raise the price of the tub hundreds of dollars, breaking your perfectly balanced budget. Make sure you are clear on the shipping details before you give the cashier your credit card number. A lot of website that sell tubs offer free shipping and delivery if you spend over a certain amount of money or purchase a certain product.
- The Delivery. When the tub arrives, it will do so along with a few people who will help you place the big spa in your desired location. Make sure that you have everything cleared out ahead of time. Once its set up properly, make sure that you are clear on how it operates. Why? Chances are, the time that it is delivered is the only time you’re going to have technical experts to your house. Ask them questions about how to maintain the tub, how to troubleshoot several common issues and so forth.
- Enjoy. Once you have your tub, you can use it all year long. In the summertime it can even be used as a small wading pool if you turn off the heat.
Keeping a few simple tips in mind will bring you lots of enjoyment.